Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems installing Visual C++.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

darioars

Technical User
Oct 30, 2002
DE
Hi folks!

I have been using C++.net since a long time ago. I recently bought a new computer and I tried to install my Visual C++.net package on it (my operative system is Windows XP Professional Edition), but it fails during the Components Update installation.

Could it be possible to install it from the DOS console instead of by using the automatic installation (that doesn't let me to try any other thing but cancelling the installation when this update fails)? This way I could try to avoid to install what is failing, right? Do you know how to do it? Do you have any other suggestion about how to solve the problem so that I can get to have my Visual C++.net software installed?

I'd appreciate any help! Thanks in advance!

Darío.

You should be an administrator (on some 2000/XP systems the only way is to log on as Administrator, not another user from admin group) or have write rights for all system (sub)folders.
Then, You may have a bad profile (do not ask me why, but i have had such problem too - i could not work with MS Office, still i created new user and deleted my old profile etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back