Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems installing software with winXP corporate

Status
Not open for further replies.

hojoho

Technical User
Mar 8, 2003
US
I am trying to install a piece of software that gets to the copying of files. The problem is when the first file tries to copy itself to the hard drive, I get an error message saying that it cannot open the file. Then it says make sure your disk is not full or that you have permission to write to the directory. My hard drive is not near full and I am logged on as administrator. The wierd thing is that if I install to another directory, instead of Program Files, it will install, but the program does not seem to run correctly. The software is supposed to run side by side to another program that I installed. I have been able to install every program that I have tried except this one. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Right click the program/properties/compatibility mode,change to Win95 ,see if it works

Is it an older program? Please let us know if the advice we give is of some help.
Feedback will benefit all
Dave

I do not believe that it is that old. It is designed to work on win2k so it should work. I tried your reply but to no avail. Thanks anyway, but I think it is a permissions problem.
Thanks

I found the problem. I just needed to turn off simple file sharing.
Thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back