Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems installing php for apache

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesFreecpd

IS-IT--Management
Dec 29, 2003
GB
Hi I'm trying to install apache with php on my Redhat 9 box from source (I need to run apache 1.3, rather than 2). I have apache and mod_ssl running ok, so I moved onto getting php up and running. I made a little script to configure php, which goes as follows:

#!/bin/sh
CC="gcc" LDFLAGS="-lstdc++" CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/kerberos/include" "./configure" "--with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs" "--with-mysql=/usr/" "--with-openssl=/usr/" "--with-imap=/usr/" "--with-gd=/usr/" "--with-ldap=/usr/" "--enable-ftp" "--with-kerberos" "--enable-sysvsem" "--enable-sysvshm" "--enable-sockets" "$@"

which seems to work fine and the make runs without hitch, but when I go to make install:

Installing PHP CLI binary: /usr/local/bin/
[various positive looking output]
Installing PEAR environment: /usr/local/lib/php/
/usr/src/apache/php-4.3.4/sapi/cli/php: relocation error: /usr//lib/libmysqlclie
nt.so.10: symbol errno, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with lin
k time reference
make[1]: *** [install-pear-installer] Error 127
make: *** [install-pear] Error 2

I've googled around, tried lots of fixes recommended by people, even though they were all installing different software. I still don't have a fix though, or a clue the problem is (though I'm guessing it's something I'm missing from my script?)

Can anybody make any recommendations please? I'm pretty much stuck!

Thanks!

~James~

I published a tutorial and a few links
here:
look fot the right hand side
"configure Apache etc..."
it should go very well
then update if you wish and install a fesh php my admin

also why do you install from source
and not using an easy RPM :)

cheers

Status