Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems in loading Personal Oracle8 & D2K in a stand alone PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

koshal

Programmer
Feb 1, 2002
IN
I have a Celeron 1.1Ghz PC running in win98. I want to install Oracle8(Personal) and D2K in my machine. i am facing the following problems at the time of installation :

Problem - 1 : My Oracle & D2k installer are not of same version. So when I am trying to load D2k after first installing Oracle , keeping the version of Oracle installer of already installed Oracle 8 (Personal) as default it is a giving a window page fault, showing some .dll errors.

Problem - 2 : If I install Oracle and D2k in two different homes I am having problem in starting the Oracle database as well as I cannot connect to the default database in Oracle8 from the D2k.

Please give me the solution in details so that I can install Oracle8(Pwersonal) & D2k either in the same home or in the differnt homes and able to work smoothly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back