Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problems in cookies

Status
Not open for further replies.

lenelene

Programmer
Dec 10, 2002
MY
I have a problem.I have a login page which is login.php and a page where login are verified which is verify_login.php.

when password and user id are entered in login.php,it will go to verify_login.php to verify it and from there,if the user ticked on the remember me checkbox,cookies are set so that user will no need to enter again the user and password.

the problem is the login.php are upper directory and the verify_login.php are lower directory.thus, in the login.php, I have condition whereby if cookie are set, it will automatically login in.I have been told that the cookie need to be set in upper directory, so that the the lower directory can read the cookie.

how to solve this problem because all the while the login page is upper directory and the verify process is lower directory.how to make the login.php to be able to read the cookies existing?

Can you post the code you use to get the cookie (from login.php)

JR
As a wise man once said: To build the house you need the stone.
Back to the Basics!

thanks..anyway i have solve my problem..i have put a hash at the end of the set cookie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back