Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problems importing into memo field

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuklitis

Programmer
Jun 3, 2003
LV
I have problems importing text with manual line breaks (<L>) or paragraphs (<P>) into MS Access field without loosing this formatting.
I've tried many different text or document file formats.
It was *.csv, tabulated e.t.c. but always when Access's import master senses <P> or <L> it breaks the record and splits it over more than one field.
I was able to preserve formatting when I marked for example 3 lines with <L> or 3 paragraphs made with <P> sign in MS Word or Notepad and then copy them to one specific memo field cell in MS Access. But when I tried this method to two or more memo fields simultaneously I failed again and there was only one line or paragraph per one memo field.
I also succeeded when I made table in MS Word exactly what I wish to look it MS Access and saved it as *.html and after this I imported this *.html into MS Access and this solved my problem with preserving line or paragraph formatiing in memo field, but unfortunetly there was other problem I still failed to figure out - during importing it looses a lot of meaningful spaces between words in memo field. There is example :
&quot;... executivedirector of GRG Goup Ltd. Mailing address in file provided by MK on 20020717was different (Novell House, Level 10, 45 Wellesley Street). Probablysomething is wrong with addresses or phone number. Mailing Address in ACT DBleft the same&quot;
----
Do you have any suggestions and tips how to solve this problem ? DO I have to do VBA scripting in MS Word or Access ? Maybe its something much more simpler ?

I'm having this same problem, anybody have an answer? (Sorry to bring up an old post, but 0 replies!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back