Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems Holding a Job Queue

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsplice

Programmer
Jun 3, 2003
US
I have a transmissions job that I'm testing on the target system (this is using the old style ICFF files and separate transmission jobs on the sending and target systems). I need to debug the target program which is being submitting into batch by the job running on the sending system. While the job was in error on the target system, I looked to see what job description it was using to get the job queue that it was submitted to. However, if I put that job queue on hold, the job somehow still gets executed. Are there any circumstances where this could happen? Or perhaps I'm missing something here?

Sounds like the submit is going to a different JOBQ. Jobs do not have to submit to the jobq in the JOBD.
But why hold the job? If you want to debug, just set the "service entry point" in RSE, and wait for the debugger perspective to pop up.

I just tried doing that and it didn't work. The job started in batch but nothing happened in RSE. I know this works for interactive programs because I've used it before, but I didn't know you could use it for batch debugging. Am I doing something wrong here?

Nevermind, I had to change the user from mine to SISADMIN because that's what the job runs under. I am now in a debug session in WebSphere. This is pretty neat and a LOT easier than what i was trying to do before.

However, I have run into another problem. When I set the service entry point, I get an error on opening of a file because of UPDPRD(*NO). How can you change this for service entry points?

Thanks

Under Windows/Preferences/Run Debug/iSeries Debug is a check box for "update production files". I don't think there is a way to set it at the service entry point itself.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I managed to get this working finally and it was definitely needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back