Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems getting desktop to fully load

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjesop

Technical User
Aug 7, 2003
US
I recently used spyhunter software to remove spyware and after I rebooted I can't get my desktop to load. It says that I am logged into windows and I can access my task manager but otherwise I am dead in the water. Some of the parasites were identified in my registry so I used the wipe function from Norton Utilities to delete those infected keys. I am sure this has something to do with my systems problems. I basically get all the way to the point where my desktop is about to switch to the background picture I set and then it doesn't load all the way. The mouse is not frozen and I am logged into windows. I tried to boot in safe mode, load last good configuration, etc. but to no avail. Since I can access my task manager and the regedit function is there a way to identify what I wiped or reset it back to the original configuration? Any answers to this or other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Help please.

Its hard to tell what you wiped out.

If you can post the keys you cleaned we might be able to get your settings

bob

Jones' Law
The man who can smile when things go wrong has thought of someone he can blame it on.

I am currently working with the software provider to find this information out. I can't remember or access that information on my own yet. If you know of a way to see a log of that activity that I can access from the task manager let me know. Thanks for your suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back