Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems from Networker 7.2 build 525 upgrade to 7.4 sp3

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbyo

Technical User
Mar 21, 2003
Just upgraded from Networker 7.2 build 525 to 7.4 sp3
New GUI is nice. I'm experiancing issues with Networker User now. When I need to do a restore, networker user does not mount the tapes in the library, also the networker user window turns completly white(not responding). My work around is to manually mount the tapes(required volumes) in the drives. My problem now is I have to do a restore with many tapes involved, with the white screen(not responding)I won't be able to see what tape it wants to load.

Should I just upgrade to 7.4 sp4? And hope for the best or is there somthing else I can do? Has anyone else experienced this?

Thank you,
James

If the server receives the recover request, i assume it is not a client but a server issue. Look at the logs and reset your jukebox.

Normally scheduled backup jobs are running fine. Jukebox is performing normally for Networker administrator.

Networker user is having problems mounting multiple tape restores.
For example if one tape is needed, it mounts to storage node device, rather than standard tape device
-if 2 tapes are needed it mounts 1 to storage node device, then times out on what to do with the next tape. My work around to this is mount both tapes manually.

Any ideas?

With 7.4.3 you can setup the recover storage node attribute. However, if the media is mounted already, NW will use this node right away.

I think you might run into problems because you may have assigned devices to pools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back