Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems formatting simple bar chart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevinski

Technical User
Jan 4, 2001
NZ
Hello

I am reproducing a report, currently written in Access/ Excel, in Info7.

I'm having trouble achieving what I'd have thought was a fairly simple reproduction of an aged debtors balance chart.

The original Excel report has 2 columns : a label for the period (from Current Mth to 12Mths old) which forms the x-axis labels and the corresponding dollar values on the y-axis. The data is presented both as columns of data and graphically and I want to keep this format.ie

Current 100
Last 50
2Mths 0
3Mths 0
4Mths 700
etc

Charted as:

800 |
|
700 | |
| |
600 | |
| |
500 | |
| |
400 | |
| |
300 | |
| |
200 | |
| |
100 | | |
|_|____|_____________|________________________

Curr Last 2Mth 3Mth 4Mth etc

Each period balance is actually a seperate database field starting at "aged_balance#01" for the current month through "aged_balance#13" for 12 Mths old and I have re-labelled them Current, Last etc through to 12 Months old.

I can't get the period labels to appear as x-axis labels whether I either group the report by each period OR whether I have each period plus its label in the details section.

If I add a legend I get "aged_balance#01", "aged_balance#02" etc etc as the legend label which looks ugly and I can't edit it, and I don't get the option to add my custom labels (Current Mth, Last Mth etc etc).

Is there any hope of achieving what I want by any other method?

Sorry for the sloppy representation of the chart but you get the picture. Whats bread and butter in Excel seems impossible in Info7.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back