Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems Exporting To Movie 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatociego

Technical User
Dec 21, 2006
MX
Using Premier 6.0

When putting two clips together on the timeline (first half of movie with second half), and then exporting timeline as one complete movie, is it necessary to have to 'build a preview' of the entire 2 clips before able to export?? The complete video is something around 1.5 hrs long, and when I try to export to movie, the little progress window say there is only around 560 frames, which, obviously can't be correct, so I stop it.

Thank you.
Paul

Hallo Paul,

When you render, the only frames that get recalculated are those where the content or format has been changed (eg by adding titles or effects). Having rendered, timeline replay shows (in real time) all the effects that have been applied.

Export works a little differently, since during export you have, using export settings, the opportunity to select a wide variety of export formats quite independently of those used to construct the project itself.

If you export in the same format as your source clips, then, as with rendering, only the altered frames will need to be re-computed and the progress of the export will be quite rapid. If you change format or frame size, export can take a very long time.

In your case I wonder if you have set the work area to cover the whole project? In export settings, one of the options is to export just the work area, which may be your default, and the other is to export the whole timeline, which is what you require.

If this isn't the problem, I would let the export run and see what comes out. If it stops after 560 frames, the time taken should be quite short and so you will quickly find out if there is a real problem or just a confusion with the program's messages.

I wonder why you want to export as a complete movie which, in DV format, will occupy approaching 20Gb of disk space. Depending on what your final objective might be, maybe there is a more efficient way, in terms both of time and disk space, to achieve your goal.

Finally, since you are using Premiere 6, it would be worth checking that you have the 6.01 update, which fixes a number of subtle bugs in the original 6.0 release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back