Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems exporting PM7 document to Adobe Distiller

Status
Not open for further replies.

kv015

Technical User
Aug 21, 2005
AU
I am attempting to export a company newsletter to PDF, something I have done many times before without any problems, but I am unable to do it this time. It is a document with a masthead that is an EPS file. I use the template and fill in the new items each issue and produce a new issue of the company newsletter. It has worked without problems for 30 issues. Now, when I attempt to export the PM7 file to produce a PDF version I encounter the following message.
Print Time Error
Font File Name EPS is on page
Helvetica NHmasthd.eps 1

The screen font for Helvetica is either embedded in the EPS or it is missing. The EPS using this font may not print properly if it is missing.

I click on print anyway, and then it says, launching Acrobat Distiller, then I get a warning message that says, Cannot send Postscript to Distiller.

I have checked all the things that I can think of. I have reinstalled the EPS file, I checked the windows font folder and Helvetica is there. I have tried opening past copies of the newsletter that I have converted in the past, and tried to convert them again, only to get the same message.

I am hoping someone may be able to help. I am getting very desperate. The newsletter is supposed to already be printed and out to the clients. I have been stuck on this for days now.

Open the EPS in Illustrator, select all text and convert to outlines. This will remove the apparent font problem, as there will no longer be any fonts in the masthead file, just graphic elements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back