Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problems distributing app (components not registered)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadanis

Programmer
Mar 21, 2002
GB
Hi

I've created an app in VB6 using 1 third party ocx and a number of the ones supplied with VB6, namely Comdlg32, Mscomctl and Wininet

I used the Package & Deployment wiz to create my setup and cab files for distribution.

The app was developed on a Win XP SP2 box.

When I install the app using the setup file on any other machine, it trys to update system files, it then states that it needs a reboot to finish the update. When the computer starts again after this reboot, the setup runs and it says it needs to update the system file, this continues in a vicious cirlce and never completes the install.

The only time its got furhter than this it says it is unable to locate the components either Comdlg32 or Mscomctl both of which are standard windows dll's.

Has anyone come across this before and if so can you offer advice on how to correctly package and deploy this app.

If you need further info, please post and I will supply what I can.

Am I jumping the gun, Baldrick, or are the words 'I have a cunning plan' marching with ill-deserved confidence in the direction of this conversation?

thread222-813091

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back