Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems displaying "0" data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrettS

Programmer
Jan 7, 2002
US
I have three tables - Header, Details, & Budget.
Header and Details have an inner join. Details and Budget have a left outer join.

I want to display Budget.Amount when there are related budget records, however, sometimes there are no budget records. In that case I want to display a 0. The problem is, when there are no related Budget records for a particular Header/Details record, that particular Header/Details record does not show up at all.

Under file, options, make sure you have "Convert null field values to default" checked. Software Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
dgilsdorf@mchsi.com

What is your selection formula? If it names a field from budget you nullify the outer join. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guide to using Crystal in VB
tek@kenhamady.com

Ken
I guess I realized that. Is there any way around this?
Thanks Again

There aren't any really good options, other than putting in a corresponding budget record for all details. Workarounds include using a linked subreport to get the budget info, or you could take the selection criteria off the budget table and use conditional suppression to not show the records that you don't want. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guide to using Crystal in VB
tek@kenhamady.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back