Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems displaying Crystal Reports 10 in a .Net Windows Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

PawelTru

Programmer
Jul 18, 2002
US
I am getting the following error when trying to run the reports on a machine. It runs correctly when I run it on my dev machine but fails on a production machine. The application is a stand alone application. I distributed the application using the setup project in VS2003

System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for "CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument" threw an exception. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040154): COM object with CLSID {CF76A644-314B-404D-8D45-F08B51FF990B} is either not valid or not registered.
at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument..cctor()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument..ctor()
at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportClass..ctor()
at MKT.SalesTrafficBySubMarket..ctor()
at MKT.frmReportsViewer.frmReportsViewer_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I have the same problem, and from what I've found, about a gazillion other folks have too, with no answer.

One solution to THIS PARTICULAR CRYSTAL PROBLEM may be solved by downloading a kludge from the publshers of Crystal at

A PERMANENT solution to the ongoing battle with Crystal is to FIRE BusinessObjects/Crystal Reports and hire ACTIVE REPORTS.

IMHO.

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."
— John Galt
Atlas Shrugged

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ222-2244 first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back