Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problems diplaying results in ReportNet

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAJLI

Programmer
Jun 30, 2005
AL
hi,
we have install cognos in 2 diffent servers.
in this moment the 2 Cognos are configurated to take the data from the same database(oracle data warehouse)(so they have the same datasource for the moment).
when i run the report(one of the) in the first Cognos i take the result in 2 min.
but when i run the same report in the next cognos ,i have to wait 25 min,to display the results.
Is this problem related to the configuration of Cognos or to something else?
thanks

So you have two seperate installs, install A and install B. Each install uses Database XYZ for source data. Is this correct?

If yes, and you are using the same query, then I would certainly say the issue is within your Cognos setup or your physical machine configuration. I would consider the Fast System to be the Good System. Look at all your HW. Is it comparable (RAM, file space, Db drivers, etc)? Go thru all components on the Fast System and compare to the slow system. When you find variance, make changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back