Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems deleteing

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlespeechumuthu

Technical User
Dec 2, 2002
US
Hello,
We are running Groupwise5.5SP5 on Novell 6SP5. From time to time users have trouble deleting messages from inbox or emptying the trash. It takes long time with globe appearing in the bottom bar saying deleting files but after some time the deleted message reappear.
When this happens I see several connections to userxxx.db with Connection 0, task 42, Lock Status - not locked, log status - not logged (in flie lock/open activity in monitor)
What is causing these several connections to stay on and how to remedy the situation ?
I know connection 0 is a connection from a NLM, can we find which NLM if possible ?
How do I find a list of tasks (like list of connections number in monitor/connections) ?

thanks
charles

I had a similar problem deleting. I wound if i used web mail I could delete. It has a advantage or distantage of have a password on groupwise.

Never give up never give in.

Are you allowing direct client connections? ie accessing the post office through a mapped drive or UNC?

It's recommended that you only allow client/server connections through TCP/IP. That way you don't end up with files being locked by users like what you're talking about.

Marvin Huffaker MCNE, CNE
Marvin Huffaker Consulting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back