Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems Creating PDFs from Quark 6.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pg73

Technical User
Apr 7, 2004
GB
Hi, I'm not too experienced in creating PDF files so I hope someone can help. Quark won't let me Export Layout to PDF (I have read this is a common unresolved problem). I am able to use the Print command and then selecting Printer and Save As PDF, which does result in a PDF file but here is the problem. The Quark file contains spot colours and when I produce the PDF and open it in Acrobat 6.0.1 the Seperation View shows only CMYK and not the spot colours.

I am able to Export the Quark file as a PS file and open it in Acrobat (distilled first) and the spot colours do show up but a few of the images are black square so there must be a problem whilst creating PS files this way. Also the spot colours when opened up in Acrobat show in the Seperation View but only solid parts of the spot colour (100%) are under the spot colour, any tints of the spot colour has been converted to CMYK, surely this isn't correct?

I don't know if it's just Quark 6.1 or Acrobat 6.0.1 or whether I'm doing something wrong. Please help as I have no idea what else to try.

Thank you.

P.S. I'm using Mac OS X 10.3.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back