Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems creating and progress ODBC using Merant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hello,
im having problem setting up the Merant ODBC driver for progress, the error is 'Error in Network Daemon'.. ive been trying to setup an ODBC for progress to connect my Visual Basic Application to it.. i hope you can help me with this problem soon. TNX a lot...

NOTE: we will run on a WINNT 4.0 platform, and currently we trying it on windows ME is there any problem with my setup tnx..

What version so progress and what version of ODBC driver? Let me know. I might be able to help out.

I was having this same problem. I had the Database name and the Port Number with the same entry. As soon as I entered a name resolution into the Services file in \WINNT\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC\SERVICES it corrected the problem.

DATABASE PORT Number
gams1 2701/tcp
gams1oib 2721/tcp
gams1aps 2741/tcp

I don't know if you're still having this problem, but I downloaded the knopwledge base on the progress site and it worked out great. Try it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back