Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems Connecting Nokia phone to Computer: Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorkshirepudding

IS-IT--Management
May 5, 2005
GB
Hi there if you are having some problems connecting your nokia phone to your computer you may want to try the following:

using the example of my 6260 which would not connect to my computer.

when connecting the device using a nokia DKU-2 cable (USB) windows would try to locate the device and drives but would fail each time, after doing much searching i found that your computer if XP must be up to Service Pack 2 level, something nokia neglect to tell you when reading the instructions included!

the best course of action is to bring your version of windows as up to date as possible and down load the latest version of the cable driver and datasuie software from nokia.

after a reboot your PC should happily identify the phone and you can begin filling your phone with pointless ringtones and uploading photos!

enjoy!

Check that the cable driver is propely installed. Sometimes it is not enough, you need a good tool to make both sides communicate, e.g. Mobiledit that finds the settings and lets you transfer stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back