Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems configuring Tomcat

Status
Not open for further replies.

webdev17

Programmer
Feb 6, 2006
US
I'm trying to set up Tomcat to work with Eclipse. This is my first attempt to get Eclipse and Tomcat working on my computer and I'm running into some problems. I installed Eclipse and the pluggin to run Tomcat in Eclipse. However, when I try to run any servlets or jsps, I'm getting a "HTTP Status 404 - The requested resource (/ServletDemo/SimpleServlet/) is not available" error.

I've never set up any of these tools before and I'm sure somewhere I don't have something configured correctly. I'm not getting any errors in the console when I run the server, but I do get this warning:

"INFO: The Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal performance in production environments was not found on the java.library.path: C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_14\bin;.;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_04\bin\client;C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_04\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\;C:\Sun\SDK\bin;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_14\bin;"

Any thoughts about where I might be doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Ok...I tried a few things and I figured out that Tomcat is working just fine. But I'm still confused about how you can run localhost from the server directly in Eclipse.

If I manually move my project into the directory - C:\apache-tomcat-5.5.26\webapps then I can view it in the browser, but shouldn't there be a way to configure the same thing to happen from Eclipse when you right-click on the file and select Run As > Run on Server?

Hi,
I am experiencing a similar situation.
Did you resolve this issue?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back