Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems Cataloging a set of tapes

Status
Not open for further replies.

craiga1027

IS-IT--Management
May 2, 2003
US
I am trying to catalog a series of five types. I was able to catalog the first tape correctly.
When I try to catalog tape 2 and each subsequent tape it goes through tape 2-5 and then when it completes for tape it asks for DLT000012. I inventoried each of the five tapes and none of them have a media label of DLT000012. I have not idea what it is looking for. This is a full backup from several months ago and the catalog is not complete under restore sections. I looked in the job log and find the file I want to restore but it does not show up under restore selections. Is there any other way to restore this file? I have tried using advance file selection and entering the path of the file but I have had no luck.

Vertias
Backup exec 8.60 Rev. 3808

Stop the Backup Exec services and rename the veritas\backup exec\nt \catalog folder.
Start the services and goto tools - options - catalogs - and remove the check from storage based media.
Catalog the tapes - this will tape some time since its going to read every file on the tapes. But it sounds like your missing a tape in the set and thats were that file is. This long catalog will take just as long as the backup job took, but you will get what is on the tape. Reason for renaming the catalog folder is make sure the catalog files are not corrupted. After your done may want to rename the folder back.

Will this cause any problems with all of my other catalogs that are working correctly?

The only issue it will cause is you will have to keep renaming the catalog folders each time you want to try and do a restore.

Just rename the folder back and copy the new files over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back