Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems Buiding new pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

celica28

Technical User
Oct 20, 2005
US
I have an ASUS P5LD2 motherboard. It has a socket t(LGA775) P4 with a serial ATA hard drive. Once I put the system together the first time I started the machine I let it run for a second to see if it would come on. Then I hooked it up to a battery back up and turned it on. Once it turned on I went into the bios. However, after about 30 seconds I saw an error message followed by 3 beeps and the system shut off. Since then the fans with only hint at turning on when I push the power button. What is going on? Everything is brand new out of the box. I have a 30 pin ATX to a 24 pin connector for the MB since the power supply is a 20 pin connection. I did not have an IDE hard drive connected to boot. After the error message I hooked one up but the system would not come on. I need some help.

I notice from the picture of the mobo, it has a molex 4 pin connect socket and a four pin square socket by the "input" plane. Do you have all the proper plugs from your power supply? Normally, what you describe, is an indication of a CPU not being cooled properly. Does this mobo use a cooling fan? If so, is it plugged into the proper spot (CPU fan and chassis fan headers look the same).

Yes this board appears to have the intel standard P4 12V connector at the top behind the I/O plate as well as an additional fixed male molex next to the main 24pin power connector.

As a matter of interest what is your power supply unit? and other hardware specs.

Martin

We like members to GIVE and not just TAKE.
Participate and help others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back