Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems after upgrade to Win 2000 Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

moreno441

Technical User
Mar 7, 2002
NL
Hi.
I've upgraded my system to Win2K but it fails to startup completely. I get an errormessage saying Entrypoint not found in DLL ADVAPI32.dll after that I get another screen saying
C;\WINNT\system32\Isass.exe statuscode 128.
Can anyone help?
Thanks.

Try running thru Setup again and after all the files have been copied select to Repair a Windows installation. I would create an Emergency Repair Disk first, though windows can usually see the install. See if that fixes it... Matt Wray
CCNA, MCP
mwray77518@yahoo.com

Personally, although its more work, I would do a clean install rather than an upgrade (ie, back up critical data & reinstall apps after). Windows o/s upgrades have a bad track record in terms of problems going forward.

My windows 2000 just fails to startup normally...It just freezes whenever it tries to load the desktop, it's fine in VGA mode, safe mode, I have the latest drivers for my graphics card. Sometimes, it does load, but only for a short time. Can anyone help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back