Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems after update rollup 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

vectorgod

MIS
Dec 30, 2004
US
After installing Update Rollup 1 on several of my servers, I am unable to connect from Windows 2000 PCs using ICA (Citrix) client.

Another problem is that I am unable to visit the
Windows Update website. I get [Error number: 0x800700C1] at the top of the page. I read somewhere on the internet that it is the inability to check my license.

I had a nightmare with a server that services our HR Dept. after this update. The server was due for a hardware update anyway, so I just did a complete restore from backup.What killed our server was that after this update, the SNMP service consumed 100% of the processor. What's ironic is that I found that this was one of the problems this rollup was supposed to fix. I never had the problem before until this rollup. User's were able to connect from Citrix, but could not open any applications, and trying to run Outlook hung them up.

I would just uninstall the rollup until you can find a solution for the Citrix problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back