Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems after migrating to new exchange server

Status
Not open for further replies.

jovoian

IS-IT--Management
Sep 7, 2001
US
Ok here the situation

we had 2 exchange servers, 1 FE OWA/bridgehead and 1 regular corp back end exchangeA server with mailboxes and public folders..
Both win2k and exch2k.. latest SP's

we built a new server (exchangeB)to upgrade our corp BE server.. 2 months ago..
migrated all mailboxes over to the new server... OK

some outlook users had issues and we had to recreate their profiles so outlook would stop looking for the old server..

we setup public folder replication from the old(A) to the new (B), and let it run for a few weeks..

Brought down the old exchange A server, and several users began having issues.. Free busy info, outlook trying to send to the old exchange A server, and not able to see public folders.. So we turned the old server back on..

Several microsoft articles do state that migrating public folders does have issues..

its been 2 months.. and we tested this by bringing down our old exchange A server again.. and the same problem occurs...

We also build a new laptop, installed office 2003 and before we could config it , it was trying to contact our old exchange A server again.. with out us every inputting its name in...

So i am figuring something in AD is doing this.. I use the ADSI edit tools, to view any exchange objects.. and I do see the old exch A server under smtp connectors along with the new server B..

any Ideas....

There are other issues when removing the "first" Exchange server from your site. Checkout this link for more information.

=====================================
The good ole days weren't always good
and tomorrow ain't as bad as it seems
=====================================

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back