Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems after I render in 6.5 for XP 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

drewzride

Technical User
Mar 15, 2003
IN
I can import files fine. I can view the non edited file on the timeline. Once I edit the clip in anyway then render it.. It will not play back. (all I get is audio and a black screen) I tried to export it to file and it is still no video and only audio. I also tried to playback on camera and I still get a blank screen with audio. I am under the usumption that it is a video codec problem??

Identify what graphics card you are dealing with, Eg. 'ATI', then go on the 'ATI' website and find help at a help and support forum. The problem is probably with 'drivers', the key driver to download will be on your graphics card website. Hope this is helpful. Luke

I tried that and it did not work for me.. if there are any other sugestions let me know

I was having this problem also. I have a Dell Inspiron 8200
with 512mb of ram, the video card I'm running is a Nvidia Gforce 4togo running on XP. I added a usb2 high speed card bus addapter and this is what is causing my problems.

The way I got it to work is that some thing was conflicting with my camera. The IRQ settings are set automatically in 2000 and XP. You can't change them as far as I know, but you can cheat it.

right click on My Computer/properties/hardware profiles
you will see a profile there default name Profile 1. Select it and copy it with a new name like (DV Settings). hit OK
Restart your computer and you will get an option with your new Dv Setting name. Select it.
go to My Computer/properties/hardware profiles again and this time select device manager.
I don't know what devices you have but I recomend you disable every thing that you don't need to export your video.

restart and it should work if you disabled the conflicting hardware.

When you are done you can restart and select you normal settings and everything should be back to normal. Every time you want to export video you will have to select the
Dv Settings option you just created at the start of your computer.

See if that helps.

Thank you for the time spent writing that post. I tried what you said even though it does not sound as if we have the same problems. My problem stems before the export process. I can not even view a rendered clip in the program monitor along with when I export. I think I will have to call Nvidia to see what they say. There is a similar threat on the adobe page but still no answer there either.
Drew

Hi Drew,

Are you capturing via Premiere, or via an app that came with your graphics card?

Try whatever came with your graphics card.

Check the capture settings carefully. Here's why. ATI, for example, as two different kinds of AVI it captures. One can be edited easily in Premiere. The other can't. This is not a trivial thing to find out, but it is trivial to solve -- in your ATI app, there is a AVI1/AVI2 setting. Toggle it and see if that works.

So, if you do that, then see if you can view your files using any app on your computer other than what came from your video card manufacturer. If not, then this indicates strongly that you might have an older driver or older capture software and you need to hammer on the video card manufacturer.

However, if some other app can see it, such as RealPlayer or Quicktime, then you at least know that the video is probably okay.

Can you export from Premiere as a clean movie sans effects. In other words, just import a clip, throw it on the timeline, and then immediately export it as, say, a Sorenson Quicktime. Does that work?

No real solutions yet, but maybe closer to the problem...

Cheers,
[monkey] Edward [monkey]

"Cut a hole in the door. Hang a flap. Criminy, why didn't I think of this earlier?!" -- inventor of the cat door

I still have not gotten this to do as i wish. anymore ideas are appriciated.

Drew

Drew,

Can you export an unedited movie file?

Can you export a series of frames?

Reinstall Quicktime and tell me if you can export a Quicktime file, say, Sorenson codec or, frankly, any sort of codec?

If it's a codec issue, then you should eventually find a codec that'll work (and exporting as frames bypasses -- I think -- the codec question).

Cheers,
[monkey] Edward [monkey]

"Cut a hole in the door. Hang a flap. Criminy, why didn't I think of this earlier?!" -- inventor of the cat door

I HAVE FOUND THE ANSWER AND IT WORKS I can not take credit for finding it but I found it on the net Best luck to all. Also, you must go to the non-renderd file and re render after you make the change. Pre renders files still will not work.

This probably is a codec issue.

In Premiere, right-click on one of your video clips and choose Properties. Find the Compressor (one of the last few items). If it says anything other than exactly this:
'dvsd'
then you probably are having a codec problem.

The most likely cause for this problem is the AngelPotion codec, which is sometimes associated with DivX. You will see something like "APvc [version 4 ;-) Low]" for the compressor if that's the case. This codec overrides the Microsoft DV codec and can cause all sorts of havoc.

Follow these instructions to remove the AngelPotion codec (I'm assuming you have Windows XP, but the instructions are similar for Win2k/Win98):
1. Go to the Control Panel and open the Sounds and Audio Devices window
2. Click on the Hardware tab
3. Select Video Codecs
4. Click the Properties button
5. Go to the Properties tab
6. Select APmpg4v1.dll and click Remove
7. Close the open Windows
8. Go to Start > Search
9. Search for and delete the following files:
APmpg4v1.apl
APmpg4v1.dll
(both may not be present, you may need to make sure Windows is showing hidden files and that you are searching all files)
10. Reboot the computer.

The problem should be solved. However, you will probably need to recapture your clips. The original clips you captured were written in the AngelPotion codec, which was just removed. When you recapture the clips, they should be written in the Microsoft codec.

Please pass this on to others who have the problem

Drewman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back