Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems accessing the server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomKane

Programmer
Jul 24, 2001
AU
Hi,

We're having a problem with accessing the citrix server from our client machine and would be grateful for any advice that you might have.

I have Citrix Metaframe 6.30.1050 on my PC and I have an applicaiton I want to access on the Citrix Server. So I use IE 6 to select the asp and login and select the domain and up to that point everything is OK. I'm presented with the Icon to run my app and when I click on it I get the following message:

"Network or dialling problems preventing communication with the Citrix Server. An attempt to automatically restore the connection will begin after a delay to let the network recover. If the problem persists please contact your system administrator"

We're using TCP/IP protocol.

The other thing is that there is one PC (out of about 12)that works ok - a colleague of mine who sits next to me. We're running a windiff on our pc's to see what differences there are between the two c:\ drives - on the face of it it would appear as if there are no differences.

I'm just wondering if any of you guys have any troubleshooting tips or any advice. Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,
Tom Kane

Try this

Open regedit
Browse to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\MSLicensing.
Delete the entire MSLicensing key

I pulled my hair out on this one before. The MSLicensing key is automatically recreated. But just to be safe, always back up your registry first.

I forgot to mention that this should be performed on the client machine having the problem, not the server.

dledeaux,

Thanks for the quick response. I tried that and I still got the same thing - I was wondering about the event log - does citrix have it's own event log - I wonder if there's any benefit in looking to see if there are any errors being reported in there?

Thanks again,
Tom

We identified the problem - it was a licencing issue relating to the terminal services not citrix per se..

Thanks for your help,
Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back