Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Probleming viewing string data in 8.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbltt25

MIS
Nov 29, 2000
US
I am trying to "convert" my reports from version 7.0 to version 8.5. However I am not able to see all data in the database (I was able to see all of it using version 7.0). So, I wrote a basic report to display these fields that have all string data types. Out of 1091 records, I can see only one. Are there any bugs with this version of crystal being able to display data? This report is the most basic that you can get, and I still can see the data that I know is present in the Database. I am connecting to a DBF database.

Any thoughts??
Thanks ahead of time!

I upgraded from 8 to 8.5 and found a bug linking dbf files, Goldmine v5 in my case. Crystal Tech Support had me switch back to the V8 dll for xbase. You could try using the dll from V7 and see if that works. That way you know the problem is in the dll.

I wrote an article on this in my most recent newsletter. You can read the article on my website:

Ken Hamady, On-site/Phone Crystal Reports Training/Consulting
Quick Reference Guide to using Crystal in VB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back