Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problemas with RMAN Recover

Status
Not open for further replies.

azulita

IS-IT--Management
Jan 31, 2002
MX
I need some help.
I'm have Legato Server (HP-ux 11.00 ) version to 6.1.1 and legato client with version 6.0.1 and Module for Oracle 3.1
But when we try to backup the DB with Recovery Manager we get the following error:

RMAN-08031: released channel: t1
RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
RMAN-00569: =============== ERROR MESSAGE STACK FOLLOWS ===============
RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
RMAN-03002: failure during compilation of command
RMAN-03013: command type: restore
RMAN-03007: retryable error occurred during execution of command: IRESTORE
RMAN-07004: unhandled exception during command execution on channel t1
RMAN-10035: exception raised in RPC: ORA-19504: failed to create file "/ken05_ora05/export/control.ctl"
ORA-27040: skgfrcre: create error, unable to create file
HP-UX Error: 2: No such file or directory
RMAN-10031: ORA-19624 occurred during call to DBMS_BACKUP_RESTORE.RESTOREBACKUPPIECE

I need upgrade legato client to 6.1.1?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help. We're in a big trouble.

If you're trying to restore to another location than the instans default, you need to specify an existing path. From the message above it looks like your restore script is trying to restore to a path that doesn't exist. IF you need to restore your controlfiles due to corruption or disk crash you might as well recover it to the instans default location. This would be done with "restore controlfile" in your script. Make sure you've started the database before with "startup" from svrmgrl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back