Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with WSP54G Linksys Print Server 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hedgert

Technical User
Mar 3, 2005
GB
I bought a wireless print server (WSP54G) this week.

I've followed the installation/setup instructions and have configured the WPS for use.

However, when I try to print a test page from any computer on my network, the printer kicks into life and starts scrolling the paper through but then it stops before printing a single character (the printer sits there with its status light flashing - as normally happens when a document is spooling to the printer) and the display shows "Printing...". Windows Print Manager shows the document printing, the printer shows busy, but the print never finishes.

This happens whether I try the print wirelessly, or whether I connect the WPS to a wired LAN port - so it's nothing to do with wireless signal strength or WEP.

Any ideas how I can fix this please?

The one thing that bothered me during setup of the WPS was dialogue box that popped up and told me to disable Epson Spool Manager. I've no idea what this is. I've looked on the Epson website and that search string doesn't yield anything. I'm not using any Epson printing software (i.e. I use the relevant Windows utilites) just the Epson driver.

The closest I could find to anything to do with spooling was the Advanced tab on the properties page for the printer, which has a choice between "Spool print documents so program finishes printing faster" and "Print directly to the printer".

I've tried both settings and the result is always the same. The print starts but never finishes.

(My printer is an Epson CX3200).

Sorry - I didn't try hard enough before raising this.
There was an explanation for configuring a printer device using the WPS by hand - whereas before I'd simply allowed the installation program for the WPS to set up the printer device for me and it obviously didn't do it in the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back