Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with wininet.dll function call

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbdawi

IS-IT--Management
Feb 14, 2005
DE
Hi,

we've got an application, where we need to connect to an ftp server. In order to do this, we are using funtions of the wininet.dll. It's working on all machines except for machines which are using Windows XP SP2. On those machines we get a timeout (error 12002) when calling function InternetConnect of wininet.dll. We found out, that MS incorporated some RPC interface restrictions in SP2 but we haven't found a way to overcome those restrictions without opening the whole system. Does anyone know about this problem?

Thx in advance.

DaWi

I DaWi,
I have a similar problem. I posted a message about it in the Windows XP Pro forum today. Don't have an answer yet though. I seems like a problem that many people would encounter, and there should already be a solution out there.

I'll let you know if I find a solution. Would you do the same please.

Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back