Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with win2000 e-mail software

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthony0494

Technical User
Jun 2, 2003
US
Big problem!!!! I have Windows 2000Pro and Earthlink for e-mail. When I log on to the Internet and my e-mail application opens up, I receive a sieries of error messages. The first one says: Program error: svchost.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being generated. The second error message says: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime library: Runtime error! Program:c:\program files\earthlink total access\mailclnt.exe, abnormal program termination. The third error says: Mailclnt.exe - Application error, The instruction at "0x77f83147" referenced memory at "0x01520764" The memory could not be read. Click on ok to terminate the program. When I look at the event viewer, it tells me that the RPC service terminated unexpectedly. This happens every time I log onto the Internet and my mail client opens up and checks for new messages. It happens on my PC and my laptop!!!! I uninstalled earthlink and reinstalled it and that did not help. I'm thinking perhaps a virus, but I am not sure. Please help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back