Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problem with website and port 441

Status
Not open for further replies.

kulagun

MIS
Jul 9, 2002
US
I am having a problem with a website that uses port 441 as their secure pages, the proxy server is in cache mode only, I don't want firewell mode as we have one already.

When we access the page it just doesn't display it, times out, however if I dial out it works just fine, I opened it up on the firewall as well but no luck.

Thanks for you help

Kulagun, is this still happening to you?

I have a DMZ server that is using 442 and 443 for secure pages. Both have SSL setup. From what my SA told me Proxy Server is set to only allow HTTPS on 443. If you attempt to go through a proxy on any nonstandard port (like 441 or 442) the proxy server will stop it. There is a registry hack that MS reports will allow you to tell the proxy server what ports to allow HTTPS to flow through, but my SA would not allow me.

From what I understand IE doesn't use proxy settings when going through a dial-up system. That's why it worked for you.

Check out for specific details.

Hope this helps.

Craig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back