Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problem with wamp5 1.6.1!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohab

Programmer
Jun 16, 2002
EG
hi all
wamp5 1.6.1 contain the following
PHP 5.1.2

MySQL 5.0.18

phpmyadmin 2.7.0-pl2

updated the PHP4 and "MySQL administration toolkit" add-on

when i installed it , the apache didnt work and i cant find its service, N.B i am using XP proffesional

can any body help?!

Java Developer(J2EE)

Java Developer(J2EE)

forgive me but you have not given us a lot to go on here. neither is this a direct php question. would you be better off in the WAMP support forum?

at a guess your best bet may be to reinstall. make sure you have admin priviledges.

however - i would advise (strongly) installing each application separately and from the packages on their host sites (unless you have a source compiler - in which case from source). doing so is not at all difficult and will give you more flexibility as well as providing you with a better perception of how they fit together.

Personnally, I'd change the W to an L. Even Apache suggests not running on W. I've also seen problems with MySQL on W. Not a MySQL problem, it's a memory manager problem in W. Also, sometimes, W's services won't shut down properly and you need to reboot.

If you can do it, make the switch to Linux. Most distributions come with precompiled versions of each package to run. Plus, I see you're a Java guy... it looks like the JRE will be pre-packaged within Linux soon.

Good luck,
Mark

if you're replacing letters skip over mysql and go right to a real database ;) LAPP is my suggestion.

But WAMP should work just fine... Have you tried just installing each component by itself?

Since iSeries now supports PHP and PERL, we could have OWDP. Nevermind, the acronym sucks!
Mark

Os/400
Websphere
DB2
PHP/PERL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back