Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with VS.NET 2003 Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

IT4EVR

Programmer
Feb 15, 2006
US
I installed the VS.NET 2003 Professional (Everything) on my local IIS. Everything seemed fine. I was firing up aspx pages with no problem. Then I decided to apply .NET Framework SP1.

I'm not sure if it is related, but since then I have had problems with Internal Server errors whenever I try to pull up a project. I know IIS is working because I'm able to serve up .asp pages.

So by process of elimination, I figured out that I must have a corrupted VS.NET install. So then I ran the aspnet_regiis.exe -i and restarted the computer. It worked fine after that. However, I come in Monday after logging off, and the same thing happens. So then I have to rereun the aspnet_regiis.exe utility.

Has anyone else had this issue and how did they correct it? I'd hate to have to think I have to reinstall the VS.NET over again. Am I using the right switch on the aspnet_regiis.exe utility? Is this at all related to .NET Framework 1.1 SP1?

By the way, I'm running WinXP Pro with IIS 5.1.

Thanks in advance...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back