Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with Vouch32, maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HotEye

Programmer
Jan 10, 2001
GB
Hi,
I use Vouch32 to send emails from a Clipper program, and when using an Exchange 2003 server it was OK.

We upgraded Exchange to 2008 and now I'm getting a wrongly formatted From address, but Reply-To is OK:
Reply-To: "name@domain.com" <name@domain.com>

My program logs each email and the addresses stored are all correct in the database i.e. name@domain.com

I tried a Windows 2003 Server and that appears to be the same, but that was just sending on to the Exchange 2008 anyway.

Any ideas of how to fix it?

Most email appear to make through, but some bounce with Remote host said: 550 5.7.1 Missing purported responsible address.

Kind regards

You could try to contact Pritpal Bedi, the original author of Vouch32, on bedipritpal at hotmail.com, but he has stopped all development on Vouch32, AFAIK.

Thanks TonHu, I knew he had stopped, but didn't know his email. I may drop him a question later if no other help arrives.

Has anybody else found this or am I the only one?

Is there a way to see exactly what vouch is sending, just to see if it is vouch sending it wrong?

Kind regards

I quit using Vouch32 when Pritpal stopped support of it, (and stopped using Clipper/xBase/Harbour as well, because my current job has more compelling assignments)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back