Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with voip trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

andreasa

Technical User
Jan 16, 2004
CY
Have a customer tha it has two bcm tha is conected with voip trunk.The bcm at the remote office is bcm 50 rls 1 at the head office has bcm 400 rls 4.So whe the exts of the bcm cal an ext at the head oofice is ok.When an ext try to call an ext at the remote bcm 50 the ext of the bcm 400 can not hear ring back tone at the ather side the ext of the bcm 50 is ringing.When the user pick up the hanset of the the it has an incomming call from the bcm 400, does nt hear anything but he can see thename of the ext.I was try the bcm minitorto for both bcm and i saw that when the ext of t bcm 50 pick up t hand set there is disconnection of the line.If check the alrm of the bcm 400 i can see the 53010 each time that i call an ext at bcm 500.The connection between the two bcm there are two linsys adsl router are connected with vpn.
The 2 bcm are belongs to defferent network.lets say the bcm 400 has ip 192.168.3.10 and bcm 50 ip 192.168.4.10
From bcm 400 i can ping the bcm 50 also from bcm 50 ican ping the bcm 400.

It sounds like something dealing with your VoIP trunking and maybe remote access package on the BCM 50 side.

How are you doing the tunnel between sites? Are you using the systems to create the tunnel or are you using the customers network VPN tunnel? I have run into the same problem using the customers network VPN and I had to create my own tunnel using the systems. Also check to make sure under voip trunking that you have the protocol setup correctly (CSE or SL1). Also check to make sure that the trunks are in remote package 1.

Just a suggestion.
Check your BCM Lan 1 (or published port) and see if they have negotiated to half duplex.
Also check your codec payloads and make sure they match at both ends. (should be 30 if BCM's connect directly) The next question, Are you using an external gatekeeper or are your gateway's on your BCM.

I like to thank you about the help.The problem it was the firm ware of the router.The router at main office has an old version from the remote office.Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back