Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problem with voice mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

WCCMTIT

IS-IT--Management
Jan 11, 2002
CA
The DNs on the system forward to the voice mail when not answered. I just moved a couple DNs now only one of their voice mail boxes doesn't work. The system forwards to the voice mail system however it simply reports the person is unavailable and requests an extension to try.

Regards,

John Glenn

Did you change the dn numbers or did you just move the phones using the set relocation? Also is the voice mail not working the receptionist phone, if so go under the feature 982 and when you see pswd enter 67372867 which spells operator, and make sure the adtd is set to the operators extension number.

Also you may want to go under capabilites and make sure the fwd no answer is set to go to vm. Please let me know if this works.
You may also want to check to see if the vm has been set up.
Thanks
M.Parnell (norstargirl)

I swapped dn#s on phones. The phone with the problem is back in its original location now with it's original dn. All the other sets work. It is not the receptionists phone, which the settings still look alright on. The vm box indeed still exists and can be entered from the log: prompt after dialing feature 981. Also when dilaing feature 981 it comes up with the log: prompt rather than a password prompt.

John

PS Thanks for responding so quickly.

Log into your voice mail by pressing feature 983 enter you log number which depending on your extension number it can be 120000 or 1020000, then press mbox them press change
enter the dn number of the phone in question and then press next,right here make sure your phone extension and the ext: showing here are the same number, if not press the change softkey and make it the same number. This should fix your problem, Please let me know

M.Parnell (norstargirl)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back