Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with User Permissions to Shared Folders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finchmore

IS-IT--Management
Jan 28, 2004
GB
Hi,

I have just installed a new SBS network with approximately fifteen users and everything has gone perfectly until I tried to set user permissions/access rights to particular shared folders.

All the users I added to the system before I created shared folders have the relevant access rights that I have assigned them and I have no problem with them. However, I have since added a couple more users, set them with what I thought were the same access rights and yet they cannot access the same shared folders (no Groups have been set as yet).

I have deleted the new users and re-added them but to no avail. I really have got myself rather lost and was wondering if anyone could help with regards re-setting all folders to allow all users, then I can start again!

All help gratefully received!

Many thanks.

did u take a look at NTFS permission? NTFS and share permission are the effective permission for nay user and group.

------------------------------------
Directory Services/Exchange Consultant

No, I haven't thought of that...

Many thanks, I'll see if that clears the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back