Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problem with the text feild datatype.

Status
Not open for further replies.

garry1

Programmer
Dec 6, 2002
US
Hi,

I am trying to transpose the values from columns into rows and create a report and I am having a problem with the group by clause because of the text feild. If someone can suggest any other alternate on this I would really apprecaite it. When I try doing the union I don't get any comments in the result.

My query is;

SELECT risk_competitive_program.grantee_name,
convert(varchar 55),risk_competitive_exception.c_excep_comment) // text feild,
risk_competitive_exception.c_excep_code,
risk_competitive_exception.management_rep,
risk_competitive_program.full_grantee_id,
max(CASE risk_competitive_program.prg_type WHEN 'BEDI' THEN risk_competitive_program.rcp_grand_total_score END ) AS BEDI,
max(CASE risk_competitive_program.prg_type WHEN 'Colonias' THEN risk_competitive_program.rcp_grand_total_score END ) AS Colonias,
max(CASE risk_competitive_program.prg_type WHEN 'EDI' THEN risk_competitive_program.rcp_grand_total_score END ) AS EDI,
max(CASE risk_competitive_program.prg_type WHEN 'HBCU' THEN risk_competitive_program.rcp_grand_total_score END ) AS HBCU,
max(CASE risk_competitive_program.prg_type WHEN 'HOPWA Competitive' THEN risk_competitive_program.rcp_grand_total_score END ) AS HOPWACompetitive,
max(CASE risk_competitive_program.prg_type WHEN 'RHED' THEN risk_competitive_program.rcp_grand_total_score END ) AS RHED,
max(CASE risk_competitive_program.prg_type WHEN 'Round II EZs' THEN risk_competitive_program.rcp_grand_total_score END ) AS RoundIIEZs,
max(CASE risk_competitive_program.prg_type WHEN 'Sec 8 SRO Mod.Rehab' THEN risk_competitive_program.rcp_grand_total_score END ) AS Sec8SROModRehab,
max(CASE risk_competitive_program.prg_type WHEN 'S + C' THEN risk_competitive_program.rcp_grand_total_score END ) AS SC,
max(CASE risk_competitive_program.prg_type WHEN 'SHP' THEN risk_competitive_program.rcp_grand_total_score END ) AS SHP,
max(CASE risk_competitive_program.prg_type WHEN 'Small Cities Comp' THEN risk_competitive_program.rcp_grand_total_score END ) AS SmallCitiesComp,
max(CASE risk_competitive_program.prg_type WHEN 'Youthbuild' THEN risk_competitive_program.rcp_grand_total_score END ) AS Youthbuild
FROM risk_competitive_program,
risk_competitive_exception
where risk_competitive_exception.full_grantee_id = risk_competitive_program.full_grantee_id ) and
( risk_competitive_program.prg_yr = '2002')
group by risk_competitive_program.grantee_name,c_excep_comment,
risk_competitive_exception.c_excep_code,
risk_competitive_exception.management_rep,
risk_competitive_program.full_grantee_id,
risk_competitive_program.rcp_grand_total_score,
risk_competitive_program.prg_type;

Any help is very much appreciated on this.

Do the crosstab on risk_competitive_program in a subquery first to get the columns, in the outer query join in the risk_competitive_exception.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back