Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with the gif file

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunaria

Technical User
Nov 16, 2007
GR
Hello!
I'm newbie in adobe imageready and recently I had a problem with a very simple project. I have just a hat going up and then down to a human head in 5 slices. Everything was ok doing it. I saw the optimized file and it was ok too. But when I saved it as a gif file there were mistakes in the motion. I openned the new gif file and I saw that the slices that show the motion of the hat, has dublicates in them. The hat appears 2 times in every slice. I tried several times to save it from the original .psd file but every time I had the same problem.
Does anybody know why this happenned? What I did wrong and how I can fix it? I suppose the answer might be simple but I can' t think something with the skill I have till now....!!!
Thank you

Hi

I don't know what is causing the problem but since it is only 5 frames I would recommend just loading the frames and trying again.

Make sure you select the Save Optimized option when you save it.

This is how I import the images into ImageReady…

In Photoshop I save one file and call it master (project name).psd with all the layers.
I’m assuming that you are doing each movement as a layer.

I then make a new folder called Frames.

I open the master file make all but the first layer invisible and when it asks if I want to discard hidden layers I say yes and save it as Frame 01.psd.

I repeat this process for each layer changing the name to Frame 02.psd etc.

I then open ImageReady and use the import folder as frames to bring the frames into Image ready.

I just like having a separate image for each frame even though I have to go back to the original to make changes.

Anyway I have never had any problems doing it this way.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back