Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with Subreports

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamboy27

Programmer
Sep 25, 2006
US
Hi Friends,

I have a problem with sub reports. I have 4 subreports and a main report. All my sub reports are cross tab and each cross tab takes 3 to 4 pages. I am not at all using any detail section neither in main report or in sub report. I want to display the name of the cross tab in each an every page like page header as my sub report moves to next page. I am able to display on first page but when it continues in to next page the name of the subreport is not displayed. I am using the subreport report header as name of the report (text field) and subreport report footer as crosstab. Please help me.

You can have any number of crosstabs in the main report, why do they need to be in subreports? Is it different data being accessed?

Assuming you have to stick with subreports: to get the effect of a page header for your subreport, this can be done by creating a group that includes everything in that subreport. Then select [Change Group] and check [Repeat Group Header On Each page].

Depending on your Crystal version, you can even use extras,
Code:
WhilePrintingRecords;
if Inrepeatedgroupheader 
then   "Continued"
else   ""
This will show the difference between the first and following pages.

It helps to give your Crystal version - 8, 8.5, 9, 10, 11 or whatever. Methods sometimes change between versions, and higher versions have extra options.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back