Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with some email addresses not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarPathr

MIS
Jan 11, 2005
US
Hello. I am currently having an odd issue with trying to communicate with a particular email address. A gentleman with an @msn.com email address is trying to mail several people in our organization. The guy says he sends an email to us, it shows up in his sent items, but we never receive it and he never gets an error message. We try to send an email to his address, it shows in our Sent Items, but never makes it to him and we don't receive an error either.

So I tried communicating with him through my Earthlink account and that worked. I emailed him and he emailed me back with no problems. I had someone else with an @msn.com address send a message to our company email system and it actually worked. I replied back to my friend and they received the email with no problems. On the surface then, it doesn't seem to be a problem with MSN communication or resolution.

What other issues could be happening here that causes one person's @msn.com address to work and someone else's not to?

Sounds like a message filter somewhere along the path.

Are you quarentining his mail in your anti spam software or has he / msn added you to their black list?

Try emailing yourself from a different msn account.

Iain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back