Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with SMS Virtual Keyboard Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceigl

IS-IT--Management
Mar 24, 2002
AT
OK, I experience the following problem:

After a complete new installation of my WinXP-Laptop (IBM) I start the SMS-client installation which is succesful.
But after a reboot I receive a message quoting that I need to be a member of the local Admingroup to install the "SMS Virtual Keyboard device".
Funny thing is that the other 2 virtual devices ("SMS Virtual Miror Drive" and "SMS Virtual Mouse Device") seem to be installed.
I can connect to this machine, can start the RemoteControl and can move the mouse - but I am not able to use the keyboard :(

SMS Client Base Components version is: 2.00.1493.4167

Any hints ?

Thanks,
Chris

Which version of XP is it? If it's home edition, even if you are logged in as the admin account, you don't have full permissions to the registry. I ran in to this setting up antivirus on an xp-home system. If the error lists a registry key check to see if you have permissions edit to that key in the registry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back