Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with Schedule + FreeBusy Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

kgrinberg

MIS
Feb 4, 2004
US
Ok. I just finished moving my Exchange onto a new box. I moved all the mailboxes and public folders. The problem is that I never moved System Folders. The old server was taken offline and formated to be something else. Now, under System Folders under Exchange, any folder I click on it tells me "The contents of this public folder is currently unavailable. The Microsft Exchange Server is down or has not replicated to this site." Some users that use calendar in their outlook are getting an error pop up saying that Public Folders are unavailable. Check your Schedule + FreeBusy Information. Can someone help?

I had this problem when I upgraded to 2000. Not for sure this will help you but I ended up sending everyone a meeting request. This updated everyones free/busy schedule. and wala no more warnings. Search ms support site and google there is a ton of information out there on it.

Check on the command outlook.exe /CleanFreeBusy. Do a search on google and maybe that command will fix it.

High light your server in Exchange 5.5 Admin
Click Properties
Select Advanced Tab
Click Consistency Adjuster Tab
Select all the items under the public store section
Perform the consistency check
Go into your public folders within the public properties and select instances.
Add the recovered folders to your replicated instances.

You have now recovered your data, and people will start posting Free/Busy again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back