Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with retrieving session data

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgnair

Programmer
Mar 1, 2006
US
Hi,

I am new to struts and the way session is handled. Giving a scenario below where I have a problem retrieving data. Please suggest if there is any other way of doing the same.

1. On load of page, one of the session object is checked which is a value object. If its null I fetch the data from the backend and set it in session.
2. On change of any data in the page 'Validate' function is called to the backend. Which returns some set of data too along with the result. This data is set back to the above session object.
3. The page gets reloaded as part of the output to be rendered. On re-load a parameter is sent to the action class which enables the session object to be refreshed from the session and assigned to the form object. Once the form is assigned to the session object, the jsp is rendered.
On the rendering the data which was set by the back end with new values is lost.
On display of the session object address, each time, its the same address location that is getting updated. But on re-load (re-submit) it doesn't hold the new value but the old value only.

can anyone help me in this.

Thanks,
Biji

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back