Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with Printer Mapping in Terminal Services Episode II

Status
Not open for further replies.

IT2000

IS-IT--Management
Jun 25, 2002
RU
Hey people,
for those of you who read the first part, skip on down to the second part of my letter.
One of the remote offices that I control has problems with mapping the printer that is set up there as a local printer, while logged in to Terminal Services.
One computer has the printer set up localally, while all other computer log into that printer to print. I use the NET USE command to connect to the printer, locally all computers can print to the printer.
But when the computers log into Terminal Services sometimes the printer is not detected. One machine NEVER detects the printer.
I thought it had to do with the fact that the first machine that logs on to the server has to be the one with the printer physically attached to it, but that only helped partially.

Everything worked fine until last week when I installed a new computer into their workgroup.
I also thought that it might be a problem with the printer driver, but that doesn't seem to be it.
The new computer that I installed is the computer that doesn't detect the printer when logged into Terminal Services. Can it be that this computer is causing the confilict? All IP addressing is correct as is all computer naming.
Thank you for being so quick to answer!
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back