Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with Print Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

azamatali

Programmer
Aug 20, 2001
IN
hi everybody,
I am having a very strange problem with the microsoft access forms... i have designed some form..in access and when i am having the print preview of the form, i am able to see only the FORM HEADER. The contents of the detail and the form footer is not visible in the print preview..
Can anyone help me to solve this problem.. and yes i w'd also like to add that i am new to making forms in ms access so even if this is too trivial for u.. let me know the solution in detail..
thanks in advance
Azamat..

Are you sure it's not there? Sometimes when you have information that stretches beyond one page, you will get a blank page first. Then, starting on the second page, you will see everything you expected. I have this problem on one report of my own and I can't find the problem for the life of me.

To see if this is what is happening, when you have the preview screen up, look at the bottom, left side of the window. You'll see the word Page:, and then a box with a 1 in it. If the little triangle on the right of the 1 is black, then there is a second page. Click on it to see the rest.

If that's the case, your problem is that your information is taking more than one page. If you can figure out how to make that first blank page go away, let me know.

I have seen odd things happen depending the the printer driver. I don't have details on what printer drivers caused certain things though.

I would also do what JJOHNS mentioned. If that is the case, the size of the form is to wide to print in a regular piece of paper. Scott Musich
Database Analyst/Programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back