Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with positioning Logo, Search Box and Language Bar OUTSIDE of the navbar (Bootstrap) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

c0deM0nK424

Programmer
Oct 28, 2007
GB
hello there

This is what I'm doing at the minute:

if you resize the browser and approach or hit the 'snapping points' at which we replicate tablets (in landscape or portrait) you will see whats up.

I want some consistency here which im struggling to get.

I didn't want to put the logo in the navbar nor did i want to put the search bar and langauge bar there either as I strongly believe it makes more sense to have them outside the navbar in their own header/mast above , just better design imo - or thats how I feel anyway.

I have coded it such, that there is a DIV ROW with 3 columns housing the logo, saerch bar and langauge bar - a DIV ROW which sits above the navbar.

some pointers in the right direction, some hints or tips would be gladly welcomed here. I think the solution to this is simple but i keep over complicating it. MAybe its my obsession with rows and columns i dunno.

ask me to hand code it all from scratch and I'd get it achieved but i ahve to do it on bootstrap. time constraint you see.

Also, for the life of me - i cannot seem to find the media queries associated with the phone viewports in the bootstrap.css file, i attempted to write my own in the hope of overriding any hidden b/s but they just wouldn't work.

whats happening ?

looks ok to me. not sure why the logo is resizing though (as in why you want it to resize - i can see why it is resizing technically).

the media queries are in the bootstrap.css file. peppered throughout unfortunately rather than nicely in the same place. e.g. line 1290. look for max-width selectors in the 700-800px range.

Thank you very much jpadie, you've been most helpful - i had an inkling it was somewhere in that part of the css file but couldn't seem to isolate it.

This will help a lot - so a big thank you from my side buddy :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back